BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

December 19, 2009

Twenty Week Prenatal

I went to a prenatal appointment on Thursday and nothing happened! Well, the usual things like pee in a cup, BP and weight but nothing else. She tried to listen to the baby with a fetascope to no avail. It really is too early to be able to hear baby but she is nervous about not doing an ultrasound or using the doppler ultrasound. She wants me to come back in for an appointment in two weeks so that she can listen again. She feels that it is really important that she hears the baby. I was hoping not to go back for another 6 weeks like last time but... oh well!

She did not push the ultrasound thing too hard this time because I brought in the troops with me: Mom, Noelle, and Grandma. When she asked me why I was choosing not to do an ultrasound (she asked me that last time) she did not even look at me but looked straight at Noelle. She probably assumes that I am Noelles little puppet but I don't really care what she thinks. Noelle told her how we both feel about abusing modern tools during pregnancy. If something indicates that there is something wrong with the baby I will most definitely use a doppler ultrasound or a regular one but unless something seems wrong I won't be using them.

I think that she feels better knowing that I am not a hard-headed idiot who refuses those things no matter what. Although I had assumed that she would know that I would use modern medicine if the need arose. Anyway, I learned my lesson about going alone last time and I won't do it again. It is sad that I experience a mini battle every time I go for a baby appointment...

~21 weeks

0 comments: